Thursday, August 5, 2010

You Capture: Summer



The You Capture theme for today is summer. 7 out of the last 10 summers for me have been spent somewhere in Africa, so my summers tend to look a bit different from the typical summer. This is a brief snapshot of my summer thus far. Enjoy!

Our local market, a few minutes walk from our house. 

The amazing African fabric.

Some of the most beautiful dresses in the world have come out of fabrics such as these.

Beautiful Maasai women, doing their dance.

And of course, my African princesses. Aren't they gorgeous?

Check out Beth's blog, I Should Be Folding Laundry, to find other amazing photographs of summer. 

What did you capture this week?



7 comments:

  1. I love all the bright colors in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm LOVING that I get to take an international tour! These photos are SO gorgeous! The colors are so vibrant, the faces so beautiful and the kids are so darling! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, these photos are amazing! such beauty there. thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such bright and beautiful colors and people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful colors! Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to go to Africa... more than anywhere in the world! I love the vivid color in these shots! VERY nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful colorful photos - you really captured such beauty!
    Thanks for stopping by my bog!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Feel welcome to share...