Saturday, March 14, 2009

Journey to Remember

I am on a journey to remember how good You are, as lately the view has been a bit clouded. But I know that there was a time that I fell head over heels in love with You and was sold out enough to follow You to the ends of the earth. But life got busy and life got messy, and I forgot who You were in the midst of it all. So now as I cry out for You to restore to me the joy of Your salvation, I ask You to help me remember who You were, who You are, and who You remain to be.

Help me to remember that You are not tied to my circumstances, as that is not true faith. Then, when the wolf huffs and puffs and blows my house down, I will raise my hands to praise You for at least sparing my life.

Help me to remember that You are not like man, so that when the disappointing reality of brokenness sets in, my relationship with You is not broken as well.

Help me to remember that You are not the struggles I go through but the strength that sustains me so that when I feel hopeless and helpless, I will go to the right source for renewal.

Help me to remember that once I was dead and it was You who brought me to life, so that I can know that even now a resurrection is possible.

Help to remember that you saved me for a purpose, and that even still have You know the plans You have for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me. Help me to remember.

Help me to remember that all grace and peace comes from You.

1 comment:

Thoughts? Feel welcome to share...