Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Prayer

Today is a day to celebrate mothers, and I honor the mothers of the world. I myself am honored to be among the ranks of mothers of the world, and feel the weight of the pressure and responsibility to see my girls become leaders and influencers of the next generation. I adore my daughters, and most days, absolutely love being their mommy. But this is, by no means, something I take lightly. Anyone who knows me knows that there is not much that I take lightly, but this one...this one is a driving force. 

When I was a kid, my folks used to say, "I hope you have kids just like you some day."

Please, God, no. Please don't let them be like me. 

This is how I know God is real and active and present. His healing hand continues to move and work in my own life, freeing me from insecurities that have plagued me for a lifetime, restoring a heart that the enemy tore apart.

Please, God. Don't let them be like me. 

Let them be strong and confident. Let them know You and Your statutes. Let them take the right path, rather than experimenting with every bad choice possible. Let them know and believe that You are worth everything that they will go through and every stand they choose to make for Your Name's sake. 

Please, God. Spare them from being like me. 

I love being a mommy and love my girls more than I will ever be able to express. I pray for the wisdom and discernment to show them such love everyday of their lives. 

Happy Mother's Day, y'all!



Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feel welcome to share...