Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Bible in 90 Days


So, I'm a little late in posting this, which really shouldn't surprise anyone at all. I think I've stated before that I'm a bit of a procrastinator, but I'm working on it. This year is the one of discipline, and though I have not posted yet, I am keeping up with my reading. Speaking of which, this post has to be quick, as I have reading to do.

So, I am participating in the Bible in 90 Days reading challenge, and though it is only day 5, I am loving this! In the earlier days of my walk with Jesus, an incredible mentor was placed in my life. To this day I love her dearly and am challenged and inspired by her walk with the Lord and life of faith. When she would speak into my life, the words rolling of her tongue were straight from Scripture, more often than not, word for word. She showed this babe in Christ the power of His Word, the relevance and application to everyday living, and the instruction that God has provided for us. She showed me what it looked like to love the Word. And I mean LOVE the Word. It was the first time I had seen such a passion for the Scripture, and all I knew what I wanted the same.

So I asked for it. I prayed for it. I hungered for it.

And God is faithful to reveal Himself to those who seek His face.

That said, I have studied, poured over, and thoroughly fallen in love with the Word of God. And yet there are still portions that I have not thoroughly read through, much to my chagrin, and certainly not in any sort of chronological order. I tend to get bogged down somewhere around the prophets, which deters efforts altogether.

And so as I embark on my journey for discipline in this upcoming year, I am starting it off with a bang. Yesterday I finished off Genesis and am now cruising through Exodus, and loving it. I think I sometimes forget that it really is a cohesive story, events that happened and shaped the setup for future events. I have also found it amazing, even thus far, to see the sovereignty of God's plan from the very beginning, the wisdom in how He laid it all out, and the mercy in it all.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. He is just so good, y'all, and it's good to be in His Word. Discipline turns to love, turns to passion, turns to life played out. That's the journey.

Want to join me? It's never too late to jump it. Start where you are and move forward. Check out Mom's Toolbox for the official challenge and daily encouragements. I'll keep you posted, well, as I normally do. Sporadically. haha. Now off to read!



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. I'm deciding about the Bible in 90 days... I did the Bible in a Year for the first time this past year, as was super excited about that! I'm so right there with you on the Discipline... I have blogged about it in the past couple months as well. I have a picture right above my monitor that states, "DISCIPLINE" (on top of a rowing team) and underneath it says "Excellence is not a gift give but a skill perfected"... so just think of that, we are practicing to be disciplined and it will happen!
    You rock... that you are on the 2nd week of P90X impresses me :) Mark just strated it again!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Feel welcome to share...