Friday, May 15, 2009

Thoughts on pregnancy

A few things that I do NOT miss about being pregnant:
1. Morning (all-day) sickness that lasts for about 3 months. For me, it was a low-grade nausea that lasted all day.
2. Extreme fatigue to go along with the all-day sickness, that leaves one incapable of functioning in any sort of normal capacity.
3. Having to tuck pillows on all sides just to find some sort of comfort while sleeping. 
4. Not being able to sleep on my belly.
5. Not being able to breathe due to a big fat baby pressing on my diaphragm.
6. Hourly bathroom breaks throughout the day and night. 
7. Not being able to see anything below the top of my abdomen.
8. Feet and ankles that swell up to the same width as my thighs.
9. Heartburn with every meal.
10. Being about 10 degrees hotter than the people around me.
11. Gestational diabetes!

A few things that I DO miss about being pregnant:
1. hmmmm...
2. No, really. Hmmmm...
3. Ok, I guess there is a small window of opportunity where pregnancy is nice, where the baby isn't so big and her movements and kicks are cute and heart-warming rather than brutal. Small window.

Needless to say, I am enjoying not being pregnant. I am also thoroughly enjoying my sweet Hannah.

Grace and peace, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feel welcome to share...