Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm a Big Girl Now

I realize that I cannot keep my precious angels small and adorable forever, but I just didn't think that they would grow up so quickly, or so smart. The other day, my three year old was attempting to pin a button on her shirt. Her princess button, no less. I saw that she was struggling a bit with the pin part and making it work, so I simply offered a helping hand. 

Mommy: Toria, can I give you hand putting your button on?

Toria: No, mommy. I'm a big girl now. I can do everything by myself. Thank you though.

Mommy: Huh?

She's a big girl now? When did that happen? She's 3, and is no longer in need of mommy-help? Huh?
By God's grace, though, she does seem to know her limitations, at least for the time being. She reappeared a few minutes later with button in hand.

Toria: Mommy, I tried and can't make it work. Could you help me?

It's good to know that for now, mommy-help has not been disposed of altogether. But deep in my heart, I know the day is coming. Much faster than I am ready for. 

Grace and peace y'all. Lots of it for the mommies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feel welcome to share...