Friday, July 18, 2008

Moving Forward

Dearest friends, I am so joyful to report to you that by God's grace, we have been protected from further distractions, though the truck is still in the shop, and probably will be until we return from Ethiopia. We had a very good day yesterday. The men were as effective as one could possibly be in Nairobi, and the girls and I had a very nice day here at the hotel.

Our flight leaves this evening for Addis Ababa, and we are very excited for the trip. This is my first time to Ethiopia, so it has that added excitement of the unknown. So, I'll write more when we get there and let you know how it is.

In the meantime, I wanted to leave you with this thought. I saw this story on the news links, and was shocked by it. There is a gay man who is suing two huge Bible publishers because of the verses in the Bible that refer to homosexuality. This is a $70million lawsuit! You can find a link to one of the stories here. Mark my words, friends, the day will come when it is illegal to carry a Bible, in its entirety, in the US. The problem is, for many Christians in the US, that day has already come by their own bondage and choice. They don't want to seem too radical or too far out there, so they water down what they know to be truth. Friends, it is time to take a stand in radical obedience. This does not mean hating, judging, or discriminating. The Bible that I carry endorses none of that, but it also does not teach of a Jesus who said, "Come as you are and stay as you are."

We teach the transforming power of Jesus Christ by first demonstrating it in our own lives, starting with the joy and love in our hearts, and by setting aside all that become hindrances to the advancement of the gospel of Christ. Just some thoughts. I'm going to pack as we get ready to leave for the airport. Love yall, and I cannot thank you enough for your prayers. We felt them as you were covering us over. Blessings to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Shauna, thank you so much for sharing this story. We, as Christians, have got to stand up for what we believe in love and compassion. My husband and I were talking this past week about how here in this country, before long, Christians will be facing some serious persecution for what we believe. I never thought I would see the day here in the United States, but you are right, it's getting very serious.

    I'm so glad things are going better now for your family and I will continue to pray for your trip!
    Love,
    April :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Feel welcome to share...